Glug Glug Jugs were originally made by Thomas Forester & Son in Staffordshire in the late 1870’s.
However, most people will associate these jugs with Dartmouth Pottery, who originally produced a fish shaped water jug which they called ‘Gurgling Fish Jugs…..a novelty which always attracts attention’.
A special pair of jugs were made in 1958 for presentation to the Queen and Prince Philip on their visit to Britannia Naval College to present New Colours.
Gluggle Ltd was established by Rosie Granger and Jane Joyce in 2009. Gluggle Ltd has the exclusive right to sell and market these jugs in the UK on behalf of Wade Ceramics Ltd. (Est. 1810). Gluggle Ltd in association with Wade Ceramics has developed a range of brand new colours which gives the jugs a more contemporary feel.